Volleyball Senior Night

Finishing up the volleyball season meant saying goodbye to seniors on Senior Night. The event was moved up this year to accommodate out-of-town relatives who were already coming to Senior Walk. Two seniors, Noel Rubel and Cameron McKenzie, were honored.

Noel Rubel has played volleyball since middle school and before she moved to Buffalo; now plays libero for the varsity team. Cameron McKenzie played four years of volleyball and she was on varsity two of the years.

“Playing my last home game ever was intense,” senior Noel Rubel said. “My team made my last home game very special. We came up with a chant before the game and I hope they carry it into the next year. My team is my family.”

This has been a tough season for the Lady Bison. They ended up with a score of 2 wins and 13 losses with their last game of the season on Friday.

“Although we did not have a perfect season we still grew as a team,” junior Taylor Lack said. “The seniors have brought so much to this team that we are going to miss. I will forever be thankful for them.”

Although the season has not been perfect the Lady Bison have always supported each other, according to junior Kassidy Bell.

“They have been a big part of the team especially with keeping the team spirits up,” junior Kassidy Bell said. “The team has definitely grown this year, we are really close  with each other and that definitely helps on the court.”