Green Day makes a comeback

Green Day makes a comeback

Green Day is an American rock band from Berkeley, California, that formed in 1986. Green Day is made up of three members: Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tré Cool. Billie is the lead vocalist and play he plays guitar, Mike does backup vocals and he plays the bass and Tré plays the drums and does some back up vocals. This band has been around for 30 years, and within those 30 years they have won 95 awards out of the 215 they have been nominated for. They will probably go on to win a ton more.

Green Day is my favorite rock band; I was first introduced to their music was two years ago, when our marching band was playing a punk rock themed show. We played songs by Green Day, My Chemical Romance, and Blink-182. The two songs that we played by Green Day were “21 Guns” and “American Idiot.” When I first listened to American Idiot wasn’t terribly impressed, but then I listened to “21 Guns” and that was a really good song. I decided to listen to some more of their music and some of there songs are really great. I think my favorite song would have to be either “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” or “Wake Me Up When September Ends.”

“I walk this empty street, on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Where the city sleeps and I’m the only one and I walk a alone.”~Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Green Day released their first album, 39/Smooth, in 1990. In 1992, Green Day released their second album called Kerplunk. In 1994, they released their third album Dookie. Dookie was one of their most popular albums. It had sold more than 10 million copies in the United States, and 15 million copies worldwide. Green Day released their fourth album, Insomniac, in 1995. In 1997 they released their fifth album Nimrod. The band released their sixth album, Warning, in 2000. These last three albums were all very good, but they did not sell as many copies as Dookie. Green Day released their seventh album, American Idiot, in 2004. American Idiot sold 5 million copies in the United States alone. Making it Green Day’s second most popular album. In 2009, Green Day released their eighth album 21st Century Breakdown. In 2012, the band released the albums ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tré!, as a trilogy.

Green Day released their twelfth/newest album Revolution Radio during the fall of 2016. Personally, I am stuck between picking either American Idiot or Revolution Radio as my favorite album. The only thing I don’t like about some of their other albums, is that they contain so many cuss words. Revolution Radio is different, because there are hardly any cuss words and that is what I really like about it. I can’t wait to buy the album so that I can jam out to it. My favorite songs from this album are “Revolution Radio”, “Ordinary World”, and “Still Breathing”

“Just shine a light into the wreckage. ‘Cause I’m still breathing, ‘cause I’m still Breathing. My head’s above the rain and roses, making my way away. Cause I’m still breathing, cause I’m still breathing on my own. My head’s above the rain and roses, making my way away, my way to you.”~Still Breathing

If you are interested in purchasing Green Day’s newest album Revolution Radio, it is available in stores, or on iTunes or Amazon.