Boys athletic department adds two new coaches

The boys coaching staff has two new additions this year: Cash Thompson and Thomas Orr, who are now a part of this year’s Thundering Herd. Both were brought on board by athletic director Gary Grubbs.

“I think these men are wonderful role models to all athletes,” Grubbs said. “I’m excited to see what they have in store to achieve success.” 

Before coming to Buffalo, Orr was the assistant coach at Lutheran University, and now is a part of the thundering herd. He currently holds the position as the head high school  boys basketball coach and an assistant football and track coach. He says he is excited to lead the boys to success and has many goals set it mind.

“I graciously accepted the job here at Buffalo ISD because I wanted to be apart of a great School District, Athletic program and supportive community,” Orr said. “My primary goal is to continue the successful trend coach Welch left behind in the varsity boys basketball program.” 

Thompson previously coached at Crockett High School and currently holds assistant positions as with high school boys football, track and basketball. Thompson says he also has many goals and ideas set in mind.

“It’s quite fascinating, to see how well behaved and hard working these boys are compared to many others,” Thompson said. “My ultimate goal is to lead all the boys to playoffs in every sport.”

Many of the high school athletic boys are very excited to have two new coaches to lead them to success.

“Coach Orr has already proved to me how determined he is to lead us far in basketball,” junior Ryan Rath said.