“Suicide Squad” hits the Big Screen

It feels good to be bad…  

Based on the comic books, DC comics and Warner Bros teamed up to create the action-packed movie Suicide Squad, which came out in theaters on August 5. A secret  government agency, led by the ruthless, high-ranking official Amanda Waller, recruits and assembles a team of the world’s most dangerous incarcerated Super villains, provides them with a powerful arsenal and sends them off on a mission to save the world from a dangerous supernatural entity called Enchantress. If anything goes wrong on the mission, the government will be liable, but decides ahead of time they will throw the blame on the villains.  It is up to Task Force X to unite and battle Enchantress to save the world and themselves while the Joker launches his own evil plans.

The movie stars Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jared Leto as The Joker, Will Smith as Deadshot, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Killer Croc, Jay Hernandez as El Diablo, Karen Fukuhara as Katana, Adam Beach as Slipknot, Cara Delevingne as June Moone/Enchantress, and Viola Davis as Amanda Walker. All of these actors portrayed their characters really well; the makeup and action scenes were incredibly realistic. The hard work that went into creating comic-book-worthy characters is unimaginable. 

The structure of this movie was really different from any other superhero/villain movie I have ever seen. I did not read any of the comic books before I saw the movie, and I am not really into superheroes or super villains, so I expected it to be really boring. It was the exact opposite. It was full of action and humor and overall was a very entertaining movie. The soundtrack for this movie was perfect as well. It matched the characters because they were all different but at the same time really cool. I think the song Heathens by Twenty One Pilots was the best song from the soundtrack and in the movie. It just really goes well with the characters, setting and what’s going on.

Director David Ayer did a wonderful job with the lighting and setting throughout. Ayer also wrote/directed Harsh Times in 2005, Street Kings in 2008, End of Watch in 2012, and a few other movies. 

Suicide Squad was a great movie for anyone that loves action, fantasy, humor and comic book stuff. Suicide Squad is out and playing in theaters now.