Student Spotlight: Mollie Dittmar

Freshmen usually walk through the halls with their heads down trying to avoid everyone and everything, but not freshman Mollie Dittmar. Dittmar enjoys being involved in any activity she can be, including theater, student council, speech, debate, varsity volleyball, basketball and track.

“I like being involved in a lot of activities,” Dittmar said. “Even though it takes up most of my time, I am learning to manage it.”

Although she is involved in academic events and other sports, she says her main love is basketball.

“I have always played basketball,” Dittmar said. “I’ve enjoyed it ever since I was a little kid. I am really excited to play high school basketball with a great team. I feel like we are going to do great this year.”

The one thing Dittmar refuses to let fall to the wayside because of basketball is her grades.

“I try to do my best in everything I do,” Dittmar said. “I want to have the highest grades possible, even though it stresses me out a lot. I know that grades always come first.”

Although she does not have a specific major in mind, she does plan on going to college after high school.

“I will always focus on my grades,” Dittmar said. “I am not sure what I want to do or where I want to go, but I do want to attend a major university.”

Freshman Andrea Daniel says that Dittmar’s example is a good influence.

“She is my best friend,” Daniel said. “She is involved in so many thing and still finds time to do good in school. She really inspires me to do better.”