Prom 2016 is a night at “Gatsby’s”

Depot X was the location for prom once again this year, with a “Great Gatsby” theme and a photo booth shaking things up a little.

“I had so much fun with all of my friends,” junior Kynlee Driskill said. “I would gladly do that night all over again.”

The DJ kept the speakers booming and the students kept the dance floor filled. Ben Dittmar put on an unforgettable break dance performance to Pharrell’s “Happy” that had everyone watching or joining in.

“Everyone was crowded around Ben while he was getting down on the dance floor,” junior Bryce Ryder said. “His moves rubbed off on everyone because before we knew it, everyone was dancing.”

Along with a filled dance floor, the students also had full bellies. Steaks were catered to the prom from “The Pharm”.

“The food was amazing,” junior Natalie Freeman said. “Everyone that helped put together prom did a really good job.”

Throughout the night, students had a chance to vote on prom awards. Seniors Allison Grissett and Logan Freeman were 2016 Prom Queen and King.

“I really was not expecting to win,” Grissett said. “It was cool that I did, though. It was also fun sharing that experience with Logan.”

Best Dressed junior and senior girls went to Lauren Pate and Madison Kennedy. Best Dressed for the guys went to Cameron Varner and Tyler Carmeans.

“Winning Best Dressed was a shocker because I had so many problems finding a dress,” Kennedy said. “I guess all of the problems were worth it.”

The reward for Cutest Couple went to sophomore Ima Champion and junior Justin Foley.

“I had a great night with Justin,” Champion said. “He had an irreplaceable smile on his face throughout the entire night. He’s so much fun.”