In a world of cancelled and postponed contests, Texas state FCCLA found a way to determine state winners of contests and thus determine who would advance to national competition even though the state convention was cancelled. After comparing the scores of qualifying teams from the different regional meets, the state winners were announced last week.
- 1st Place: Chapter in Review – Dayani Compean, Jorge Palafox, Kaline Martinez
- 3rd Place: Food Innovations – Aryonna Coleman, Kelly Denton, Erica Bryson
- 4th Place: National Programs in Action – Skylar Randle, Mackenzie Houston, Emma Reeder
- 1st Place: Sports Nutrition Level 3 – Iris Valles, Christian Martinez, Selina Zacarias
- 1st Place: Sports Nutrition Level 2 – Logan Skelton, Rodrigo Carrillo, Riley Ayres
- 5th Place: Sustainability Challenge – Scarlet Carrillo
State officers are typically selected after interviews and applications at the state convention; this year, interviews were done virtually. Betsy Martinez was elected VP of Competitive Events and Callie Harter was elected VP of Projects.
Winners in the events will travel to Washington DC this summer for national competition.