The Ivey Engineering $1,000 Scholarship is open to high school seniors and college students attending a college or university in the United States or Canada. In order to be considered for this award, you must submit an essay of between 800 and 1,000 words on one of these topics: Ten ways to analyze and test the integrity of a commercial HVAC design; Five tips for designing an energy-efficient building; How to investigate the cause and origin of a building structure fire.
- The deadline for Ivey Engineering scholarship entries is bi-annually on May 1 and November 1. The winner’s name and photo will be published at the bottom of the scholarship contest page.
- If there are fewer than 10 entries, the deadline will be extended.
- The winner will be notified by e-mail about four weeks after the deadline.
- Scholarship entries will be carefully reviewed by a team of judges at Ivey Engineering.
- The scholarship will be paid out in amounts of $1,000 (U.S.) to each winner bi-annually, twice each year in the form of a check that will be mailed directly to the college or university attended by the winning student.