Student Spotlight: Rodrigo Carrillo

Menefee

Senior Rodrigo Carrillo was crowned homecoming king. This was his fourth year as part of the homecoming court.

Alani Jones, Reporter

Rodrigo Campos-Carrillo is a Senior who, last Friday, won Homecoming King. Carrillo was escorted by his sister-in-law, Yenny Sanchez; after all nominees had been introduced, he was officially announced King,

“I was very excited and shocked when I heard my name,” Carrillo said. “I have won every year so I am glad that I kept my streak going.”

Other than being named to the homecoming court every year of his high school career, Carrillo is in many activities including varsity football, FCCLA and NHS; he is also president of the senior class and of Spanish Club.

“Being a part of everything is very stressful to balance sometimes,” Carrillo said, “but I am glad to be in them because I have so much fun.”

While Carrillo strives for success now, he still has goals to achieve.

“I want to make the most out of my senior year,” Carrillo said. “I also want to make sure that I keep my grades up so I can get accepted into college.”

Carrillo wants to attend Texas A&M University and major in Mechanical Engineering.

“I chose A&M because it is not that far from home,” Carrillo said. “I feel like Mechanical Engineering is right for me because I love the idea of building things and how they work.”