Bison Spotlight: Elizabeth Daniel

menefee

Freshman Elizabeth Daniel makes her way down the court during a basketball game. Daniel is on multiple varsity teams this year.

Sherlynn Rodriguez, Reporter

Getting better in everything she does is something freshman Elizabeth Daniel strives for every day.

“Coming into high school, I knew I would have to work harder to become a better athlete and student,” Daniel said. “Overall, I think it has really paid off.”

Daniel is involved in basketball, cross country and track. Her motivation and determination earned her a spot on the varsity basketball team as well as the cross country team.

“I was really proud of myself for being able to make these varsity teams,” Daniel said. “Being a freshman on varsity isn’t easy, but it made me push myself more.”

When Daniel is not busy with sports or school she loves to watch Netflix and ride horses. She also trains in karate. She said horseback riding is the most relaxing for her.

“Every time I can, I love to ride my horses,” Daniel said. “I enjoy being able to ride them and just be free.”

Daniel loves her family and friends. Daniel said she is happy when she is able to help someone who is going through problems because her family and friends are always there to help her.

“Being able to help people when they go through things makes me happy,” Daniel said. “And that is why I admire my family and friends because they are always there for me when I need them.”

Daniel hopes to graduate high school and become a veterinarian or a horse trainer. She knows she has to keep her grades up to meet her goal.

“I knew that coming into high school was going to be a challenge,” Daniel said. “In the end, I just want to get better grades and do well in all things.”