Dua Lipa worth a listen

Dua Lipa worth a listen

English singer Dua Lipa is a rising star in the ever-growing music industry, and her newest album Future Nostalgia proves why. The slick, disco record is a perfect mix of vintage music and modern pop-funk, making nods to ‘80s and ‘90s singers, such as Olivia Newton-John and Kylie Minogue. 

The 11-track record is filled with gorgeous vocals, vibrant beats, and sultry jolts of nostalgia. This album is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s dancing or working out. Lipa successfully creates her own euphoric aesthetic of neon glam and flirtatious confidence. 

Throughout Future Nostalgia, Lipa addresses toxic masculinity, tells stories of retro romances, and is littered with girl power vibes. Each song is super catchy with unique lyrics and bubbly rhythms. I can promise that listeners won’t be able to resist dancing and singing along. 

Although each song is similar, there is plenty of variety in this album. Some tracks are slower, sleeker songs, while others are faster and rougher. Future Nostalgia is, without a doubt, the perfect album for the beginning of summer. 

Lipa has flown under the radar for many but is definitely making some big girl popstar moves. Future Nostalgia is perfect for a quarantine disco party. 

I have absolutely no complaints about this album. Romantic, powerful, and electric, Future Nostalgia has captured my heart, and I am beyond excited to see where Lipa’s career takes her.