Juniors receive class rings

scott photo

Juniors Allison Grissett and Jacie Jones get a closer look at Grissett’s new class ring.

After ordering their class rings at the beginning of the year, the junior class is finally receiving them. Well, those who turned their orders in on time, that is. Students who ordered late have to wait until after the first of the year for delivery, and having to watch their classmates show of theirs is especially difficult for them.

“I wish I wouldn’t have ordered late, because I would have had mine already,” junior Macey Jonas said. “I can’t wait to get it!”

The arrival of their class rings has led to thinking ahead to college and what is left of their high school career. It’s a reminder that they don’t have much longer until the are off to college.

“I realized I only had one year left until I graduate,” junior Leana Gore said. “It reminded me that my senior year is just a semester away.”

Remembering that last year and a half is just one of the things the rings will help the juniors to do for years down the road.

“When I get older I’ll look back and have something that symbolizes my high school career,” Jonas said. “And I’ll remember the good old days!”