Lady Bison cinch district title

The Lady Bison basketball team ended their district with an overall record of 30-2, with a 12-0 record in district, rolling into the playoffs with high hopes of going deep. After plowing through the first two rounds of play, the Ladies will take on Franklin tonight in Leon at 7:30.

¨It honestly feels really good to be doing this good once again,¨ senior Asia Bradley said. ¨We have worked very hard this year, and getting district champs made me feel extra confident. I am ready to keep going and hopefully get that state championship.¨

The team consists of seven varsity girls, three JV players and three managers. The team is limited on subs, but that hasn’t stopped them from doing well this season.

¨Although I don’t get to play, I like sitting the bench and cheering the girls on and being able to support them whether they make mistakes or succeed,¨ freshman Aleida Gonzales said. ¨The girls actually have a lot of potential, and I think we can do it.¨

The team has been challenged all year by new head coach Dustin Bates, and sometimes had a hard time learning his way of doing things, but are now seeing the work pay off.

¨He made us do everything differently and some of the stuff was a little tough and we felt it was a lot but it made us better at the end of it,¨ junior Samantha Pate said. ¨He definitely is a very supportive and encouraging coach. He pushes us all the time no matter what, and he always puts us first. We appreciate him a lot.¨