Midnight, Texas full of the supernatural

Angels, demons, vampires, spirits, witches and healers are what reside in the sleepy little town of Midnight, Texas, a town where only outsiders fit in. After being off the air for over a year, NBC’s American supernatural drama, Midnight, Texas has returned for a second season. The first episode of the new season “Head Games” aired on NBC on October 26, 2018.  

Midnight, Texas, is based on the bestselling book series of the same name, by Charlaine Harris.    The first episode of Midnight, Texas aired on June 24, 2017, as apart of an NBC summer series, but this year has been moved to a fall series. The series is set in the remote Texas town of Midnight. It’s a mysterious safe place for anyone looking to hide from someone or something. The supernatural town members quickly form an unlikely bond that is as tight as a family bond, as they use their powers to survive. This season, the arrival of a new hotel called Crystal Spa, threatens the balance of good and evil within Midnight. The series is similar to another supernatural television series called True Blood, which is also based on a book series by Harris.

Midnight, Texas stars Francois Arnaud as Manfred, a powerful psychic who can communicate with spirits; Dylan Bruce as Bobo, the owner of the local pawn shop; Parisa Fitz-Henley as Fiji, a witch who owns one of the other local shops; Arielle Kebbel as Olivia, a mysterious assassin; Peter Mensah as Lemuel (Lem), a wise vampire with a history that goes way back in Midnight, Texas; and Jason Lewis as Joe, an angel how has been around for a millena and knows every secret that’s hidden within Midnight.

The first episode of season two of Midnight, Texas, was a little bit confusing, because it didn’t really tied into the last episode of season one, and it was a little all over the place. However, the second episode of season two, tied into the first episode really well, so I was able to get back into it. As of right now, I would say that season one is better than season two, because season one wasn’t confusing at all, and it was easy to get into. However, I feel like season two is getting better with every episode. I really like how in this season, they incorporated new characters into the show. It seems like those characters have been there the whole time, and the actors adjusted nicely.

Overall, if you enjoy drama, supernatural creatures, and mystery, then Midnight, Texas is the show to watch. If you are interested in watching Midnight, Texas, new episodes air Friday nights on NBC. I can hardly wait for the next episode.