Bison play on Rangers field

The baseball team had an opportunity to play one of their games at the Texas Ranger stadium over Spring Break. The players said that it was an exhilarating event for them.

“It was very exciting to get to play on the field of one of my favorite teams,” junior Chase Thompson said. “To top it off, it’s their last season to play on that field, so now it’s even more memorable.”

The boys played a close game against Sunnyvale. The boys fell 3-5, however, it is not the loss they will remember, but the incredible experience they had.

“We were given an experience that not everyone has,” Thompson said. “This is something we will always remember and cherish.”

The team had a crowd at the game. A lot of their parents and friends attended the game to support them and cheer them on.

“We had a lot of fans go out and watch the boys play,” junior Makayla Gilliam said. “I definitely enjoyed watching them experience that and have fun.”

They all had different memories that they all cherished and took away from this experience. For some, it was their first time at the stadium and for others, who grew up going to the games now had the opportunity to play on the field they loved.

“Growing up, I have gone to several Rangers game and have been a fan,” junior Tristan Best said. “Getting to play on the field I grew up watching games at was definitely surreal.”

It is many athlete’s dreams to play the sport they love in a famous stadium. The thrill and excitement that comes with that opportunity are unforgettable.

“This is by far one of the only games in my life I will remember,” Best said. “It was definitely one for the books.”

See pictures from the game at http://bisonbeat.net/2018/03/26/bison-baseball-plays-on-professional-field/